Healthy Baked Salmon
Healthy Baked Salmon from Creme De La Crumb
- 4 salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper just a pinch if using finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend OR herbs de provence or 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, parsley, oregano, and basil
- 1 medium lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan. Arrange salmon fillets on the baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir together olive oil, garlic, herbs, and juice of 1/2 lemon. Spoon over salmon fillets being sure to rub all over the tops and sides of the salmon so it has no dry spots. Thinly slice the remaining 1/2 of lemon and top each piece of salmon with a slice of lemon. Bake for 15-18 minutes until salmon is opaque and flaky when pulled apart with a fork. You can broil the last 1-2 minutes if desired. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley if desired and serve.
Original recipe from Creme De La Crumb.
*Note these recipes are intended for patients that are 8 weeks or further out from post-op. Please consult Dr. Brian Gluck before starting any new diets during the bariatric journey.